- Subscribe to Schedules Direct, if you haven’t already.
- Download the Typecast installer.
- Run the installer. When you run the installer, Windows may display a “Windows protected your PC” warning. If so, click More info, and on the next screen, click Run anyway. See the screenshots below. (The warning is because SmartScreen doesn’t know about new downloads. You can ignore this warning because the installer does not contain malware. Please see the analysis from VirusTotal.)
- Typecast will prompt you to enter your Schedules Direct login credentials so that it can download data from Schedules Direct.
- Typecast will prompt you to select your lineup(s). If you have already configured your lineups on Schedules Direct, Typecast will use them.
- Use the Stations window to select specific stations in those lineups.
- If you want to use e-mail actions, use the E-mail tab in the Settings window to configure your mail server. That tab has its own Save button, so be sure to press that in order to save your mail settings. Pressing OK will not save them.
- If you want to use the Windows Media Center features, follow the instructions on the Windows Media Center page.
Every time you start Typecast, it will automatically check for a new release and offer update itself. If there’s an update, Typecast informs you that you’ll have to restart it to use the update. If you’re using the Typecast WMC server, you should see if it has an update, too. (They both also check for an update every day and highlight their Update button if an update is available.)
Note: Typecast uses .NET Framework 4.7.2 which Windows 10 installs automatically. The installer automatically checks to see if you have the correct version of the .NET Framework and installs it if necessary.
E-Mail Stylesheet (optional)
If you want to customize the appearance of the e-mail, you can edit its HTML stylesheet. Find Typecast’s configuration file. It will be in the
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\12noon\Typecast.exe_Url_xxxxxxxx\#.#.#.0\ folder. Enter (or modify) the value of the MailStylesheet setting.