This is a minor release to improve how Alarm++ handles power events. It also upgrades the C++ runtime library.
Display Changer 4.4.0 is now available on 12noon.com. This version assumes that you want to operate with progressive refresh rates. If you want to use interlaced refresh rates, add the -interlaced switch to the command line.
AlarmX is now available in the Microsoft Store. AlarmX is the next generation of Alarm++ and provides a more modern user experience. AlarmX also adds support for Windows notifications. AlarmX can open your Alarm++ file (.alarm) and save it as an AlarmX file (.alarmx).
AlarmX is on sale for 50% off until January 14. This includes ten licenses, automatic free upgrades, and unlimited support.
This release adds a couple of features, some improvements, and bug fixes.
- Added -exit switch to
Typecast.exeso it will update listings, process any actions, and then exit the application.
- Improved artwork updates to perform “fuzzy” matches so more artwork is found now.
- Improved keyboard shortcuts for changing the display date.
- Improved speed of displaying results (even more).
- Fixed notification of expiration of your Schedules Direct subscription.
- Fixed duplicate description where there is no episode-specific description.
- Fixed crash if no Internet at startup.
- [WMC] Fixed exception when Typecast WMC is unable to watch the TypecastWMC folder.
The Typecast WMC server wasn’t working on 64-bit Windows. This update fixes that with a separate Typecast WMC server download for Windows 8.1. If you use WMC on Windows 8.1, you can now install Typecast WMC server and use Typecast with it.
- Fixed searching by original-air-date.
- Fixed display of next-update-listings date in Information window when Typecast is run for the first time.
- Fixed hiding window (and saving state) when Windows restarts.
- [WMC] Now runs on 32- and 64-bit Windows 7 and 8.1.
- [WMC] Ignore duplicate scheduling requests.
- [WMC] Added DVR status to the reminder window.
- [WMC] Reduced the verbosity of output.
This update includes some minor improvements to Typecast and the Typecast WMC server component. If you use the WMC server, be sure to update both the application and server for compatibility reasons.
- Correctly update number of results after search name.
- Fixed justification of title in reminder window.
- Check existing artwork for programs before querying Schedules Direct or TMDb.
- Query TMDb for artwork updates.
- [WMC] Move
- [WMC] Fixed horizontal scroll bar.
- [WMC] Fixed saving offline file.
This update includes a couple of improvements.
- Improved reminder window layout. Again.
- Improved performance of updating all searches by performing searches with zero or the most results last.
This update improves the artwork and fixes an issue for those using the Typecast WMC component.
- If Schedules Direct doesn’t have artwork, Typecast now also queries The Movie Database to get artwork.
- Fixed installer issue that prevented Typecast and Typecast WMC from communicating.
This is a little update to clean up a few things, most of them internal improvements.
- Fixed display of searches that have more than the maximum number of results.
- Trimmed leading zeroes from channel numbers to enhance the display.
- Added CustomMailStylesheet setting so user can customize the e-mail reminder.
- Fixed display of the occasional very large image in the reminder window and e-mail.
- Improved display of date-only and time-only properties in tooltips for searches.
- Slightly improved performance of listings updates.
This release took longer than usual because I changed Typecast and Typecast WMC to a new network protocol. If you don’t use Typecast WMC, you don’t need to do anything. If you do use Typecast WMC, you just need to be sure to upgrade both Typecast and Typecast WMC to this version so that they can continue to talk to each other.
Other than that, there are some nice improvements to Typecast in this release. You can now change the frequency of listings updates to be from every six hours to 24 hours. (Schedules Direct publishes a maximum of four updates per day.) Typecast now automatically detects missing listings and automatically downloads updates for those dates and stations. I also fixed CTRL+C so you can once again copy a schedule’s information to the clipboard.